The Colon Cancer Prevention Project is now hiring for a navigator for a colon cancer screening program starting this summer in the Louisville area. The screening program will work with community groups and facilities to get uninsured and underinsured residents in the area screened for colon cancer.
More information on the job:
· Oversees the day-to-day operations of Project’s role in the Louisville Metro Colon Cancer Screening Program, linking patients at local health care facilities to physicians throughout the area donating their services.
· Maintains a strong relationship with physicians, health care facilities, and patients.
· Performs health risk and cancer risk assessments.
· Maintains a database of contacts related to the screening program, updating it as he/she navigates patients throughout the screening process.
· Works with the Executive Director to write, edit and disseminate materials for and related to the screening program.
· Performs educational activities, including staffing health fairs throughout the community, speaking with local employee/civic groups about screening, and helping with educational communication pieces. Also, oversees use of the Educational Super Colon.
· Assists the Executive Director in administrative operations.
· Assists the Executive Director with committee work and some fundraising jobs including grant writing, as needed.
· Performs related work as required.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized employee with experience in the healthcare industry. Experience with health education and health risk assessments is ideal, as well as proficiency in public speaking and communicating with diverse populations.
Spanish-speaking is a plus, as is a passion for the cause.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
· Two years of experience working in a healthcare field.
· An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted.
· Must have driver’s license and access to travel locally and sometimes throughout the state.
· Must be willing to work non-standard work schedule including some nights and weekends.
This is a full-time position. Interested and qualified candidates for this position should e-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Colon Cancer Prevention Project, visit www.coloncancerpreventionproject.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.